I began a blog about my visit to Lynette's the day I left, but by the time I finally got home (a full day later), I was too emotionally exhausted to finish.
The trip home was one of the worst I've ever experienced, and I was one of the unlucky people stranded over 9/11, so that's saying something! I plan on writing a very stern letter to Delta soon, and when I do that, I will post a copy of it here so that I don't have to write it more than once. In the meantime, if you are reading this, please do your best to avoid flying on Delta or Northwest airlines--no ticket, no matter how good a deal, is worth it!
So much going on, where to start? Let's number them off, shall we? It's a lazy way of writing, but I have a lot to do:
1. Eileen is getting a kidney! She will be taking part in the largest paired donor exchange in history, come December. Her husband will be donating his kidney in order for her to receive someone else's. Very exciting!
2. I'm weaning myself off of sertraline, which is exciting but is giving me headaches. Last time I tried to do this, the withdrawl effects made me stop. This time, since I'm off the pill entirely, I'm hoping it will be better. So far, so good (except for the headaches).
3. Halloween was great! I will post pictures on a separate entry.
4. Nobody has looked at our house in weeks (possibly a month), but I am remaining optimistic since I just saw a man take a flyer. Hopefully my dog didn't scare him off.
5. I recently re-connected with my first-ever friend, Stephanie, from kindergarten! It's really weird, because I wouldn't have recognized her, but I'm enjoying catching up over facebook. I've been searching for her for about ten years now, and I'm very happy to finally re-connect. Really exciting!
6. The kid and I both have colds. Sucks bad.
7. I started working on a photo album on blurb.com and I'm really excited! 2008 is nearly done, then I'll do Christmas albums to give as presents to grandparents, then I'll start on 2007 and 2009! You can make bookstore-quality books on that site. I think I'm going to be addicted.
8. Speaking of addicted...I'm addicted to Amazon. I just bought an old album for the hubby and two books: Un-Sweetined and Eat This...Not that! Can't wait to get them!
9. Heading to Dad's again this coming weekend for his annual bonfire. Not looking forward to it so much, but I'm sure we'll have fun.
I think that's all for now. I will try and get on again later to post Halloween pictures...they are GREAT. :)
17 hours ago