Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Well, that was unexpected!

The painter showed up at 8am! I think he may have seen me half-naked...or maybe not...but anyway, how exciting is that? He's actually going to finish today!

I had to pay him early, because he ran out of paint. AGAIN. We have given him paint money twice, so I'm pretty sure he's not spending the whole thing on paint. I'm hoping he comes back and finishes, but I'm not terribly worried because the hubby is supposed to give him some football tickets as part of the deal, and he hasn't gotten those yet. Plus, I think he left his stuff out back while he ran to Home Depot.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this guy has no idea what he's doing. Other than the fact that he's very messy with his work, he's afraid to take the numbers off the house because he says he thinks he's going to damage it because they're nailed in. So, rather than taking them off, he painted over them with the house paint, and now he wants to buy black plastic numbers to put over top of the beige-colored numbers. Y-eah. Well, when he finally gets out of here for good, I'm just going to go back and fix what he did, maybe painting the numbers by hand with a brush if I have to. I am meticulous, so I wouldn't mind so much, because at least I know it will be done right!

Yesterday, I was outside cleaning up the yard while he was painting, and I noticed several beer cans thrown into the hedge. I didn't pick them up then because I didn't want to embarrass him. I can't wait until he's done today and we're finished with this whole crazy experience.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...